Monday, March 7, 2011

My Rockin Rez Day

I just turned 4 in Second Life yesterday, and I celebrated with some friends. We went to a bowling alley and then to a fifties-themed sim. We all dressed up in 50's clothes. It was a real blast.

Chelsea's Bowling Alley and Diner
The Chelsea's diner and bowling alley is on the Butterfly Kisses sim. Besides bowling, there are several other things to do both indoors and outdoors including a movie theater and mini golf course. The building that houses the bowling alley also has an arcade room and diner. The bowling alley has 3 lanes, and 4 people can be on a team. It's a little tricky to learn how to maneauver the ball in mouselook, but my friends seemed to catch on pretty quickly. I still need to practice, but I'd definitely recommend it as a fun night out.
Celebrating my Rerz Day with Friends at Runaround Sue's
Runaround Sue's is a great 50's themed sim with a full calendar of DJ music playing terrific oldies. The dance floor itself has some incredible dances from the twist to line dancing to just great Rock and Roll moves. There is even dancing inside the ice cream shop/diner that also sells some fifties clothes and hair. The rest of the sim is quite attractive with a lighthouse, lover's lane, and shops selling a variety of 50's items -- all with a laid-back summer feel. Posters of popular fifties personalities decorate the main walkway. It's the kind of place that's fun to visit anytime and is especially fun to go to with friends.

I enjoyed my rockin rez day and hope to go back to both places again.

Originally posted in "Rainbow Notes" blog

No comments:

Post a Comment