Sunday, April 22, 2012

The New Rainbow Gardens

It's hard to believe that I've owned and operated the Rainbow Gardens Pet Memorial Center since the spring of 2008, so I guess it's a good time for a change.  This one brings with it a lot more room and a lot more prims, something we are always in need of in SL. 

For those who are unfamiliar with Rainbow Gardens, I will provide a brief history.  I joined Second Life in March, 2007.  Shortly after joining, I lost my beloved cat of 15 years, Floppy.  I wanted a place to memorialize him virtually, but I couldn't find one, so I spoke with a friend, Rocky Vallejo, who had created a human memorial for his daughter at Rachelville, and he helped me find some land on Cybrary City II.  A few other people helped, Cindy Elkhart, BrianA Corleone, and Lorelei Junot.  We started a group (of which currently over 100 residents are members, some who have been very generous with donations).  We placed memorial candle and headstone givers, a pet viewer of photos, and a chapel gazebo in a garden-like center.  Events and exhibits were scheduled periodically.

Recently, I noticed some land for sale nearby Rainbow Gardens.  I inquired into purchasing it with donations we had received.  With the extra room, I "planted" more flowers and trees including a weeping willow by our pet viewer.  I gave our mascot, Lady Rainbow the Collie, free space to wander.  I added my own pet-able Kittycats, Amaretto horses in a stable, some spring sheep, and a few swans to a small lake on the land.  I created a Wonderland area where people could sit on mushrooms and enjoy some tea next to a Cheshire cat tree.  At the suggestion of a member, I also added the Rainbow Bridge poem by the pet viewer. 

On Sunday, May 20, I will host an open house where people can stop by at anytime to view the expansion.  Between 2 and 4 pm SLT that day, there will be dancing, and I will make a reopening speech.  I am also running a contest from May 1 to May 15, and the winner will be announced at that event.  The contest details will be sent to the Rainbow Gardens Pet Memorial group.  If anyone else would like a copy or is interested in joining the group, IM me or send an email to dulciemills@yahoo.com

Slurl to the new Rainbow Gardens: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Cybrary%20City%20II/223/97/22

1 comment:

  1. Pet memorial I am glad to read this post, it’s an impressive one. I am always looking for quality posts and articles and that is what I found here, I hope you will be posting more in future.

    ReplyDelete