Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Kaaos Effect


Dulcie wearing her HUD and armband
about to embark on her time-travel adventure
Although up until now I've focused on places you can visit with a few friends, sometimes you like to explore alone. For those times, an interactive time travel adventure like that offered by MadPea Productions might just fill the bill. The Kaaos Effect sounded interesting, so I TP'd there to find out what it was all about. Although I didn't have much time to spend initially, I got into the game rather quickly, donning the required armband and HUD.


Dulcie relaxing in the 1970's bedroom,
one stop on the Kaaos Effect

After wearing the HUD, I was transported to a 1970's bedroom where my task was to find four parts of an aerial TV antennae. I didn't quite get that far, but I tried to return when I had more time. It seems I was recognized on my return, but I could not continue the game, although I think you can.

Just to test things out, I went in as my alt, and I was sent forward in time to Seattle in 2050. I was in a very tight chamber and needed a key to open one of the vaults. Before I could locate any key or communicate my coordinatesto the home base which I was told I needed to do, I had to stop playing. But I will attempt this again because I'm interested to see what other times I will visit and how this game develops, and I'm sure I will figure out how to continue where I left off either in the past or the future.. Also, MadPea produces other games within SL and also a Virtual Medical Doctor simulation.

Slurl: http://slurl.com/secondlife/MadPea%20Base/84/209/34

Originally posted in "Eye on the Grind" blog

No comments:

Post a Comment