Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Jazz Palace - a Taste of New Orleans SL Style

Okay, so I'm a day late, but I was in a Mardi Gras mood, so I visited the Jazz Palace, a replica of old New Orleans.  When I teleported, I landed in the Crescent Moon, a pub with some nice posters, comfortable tables, a game table, bar, and a pretty fountain. 


After leaving the pub, I entered a square with several shops, a theater, another fountain, and wrought-iron benches, and bunches of flowers.  Overhead, a Mardi Gras balloon floated.  The sights and music of  New Oreleans was everywhere.

I waited for the timer by the stage door of the Kitchen Kabaret to time down, and then they opened.  I entered the theater and took a seat on one of the red-velvet chairs.  Unfortunately, I must've been missing a program because I couldn't view the video, but I think it features singing food.  I  will be sure to update my settings and visit again.

I'm not sure I got to see everything on my first visit, but the town is charming and worth seeing any time of year, not only in Carnival season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment